The Vinyl Vault - 4 December 2019
Hello again, dear listeners! This is the December 4 episode of The Vinyl Vault and hanging out with me in the studio is my good friend and fellow Michigander, Alex. I’ve seen quite a few live shows over this past year with her and we discuss some of those shows along with shows that we are planning on seeing soon. We even talk a bit about the second annual "Friendsgiving" that we co-hosted this year.
For this episode Randy planned out a night full of a great mix of familiar artists including U2, The Beatles, The Police, Billy Joel, Pearl Jam, Eagles, Queen, David Bowie, and Nirvana. It's rare that Randy pulls together so many familiar artists since Randy is partial to introducing artists that are off the beaten path. Per usual, we highlight artists from Michigan (Suzi Quattro) and Washington DC (Jonathan Fire*Eater, Fugazi). As a reminder, this show is brought to you entirely on vinyl because, quoting John Peel, "life has surface noise."
We hope you enjoy the show!
- Thin Lizzy: Borderline // Johnny The Fox
- U2: With Or Without You // The Joshua Tree
- The Beatles: Sexy Sadie // The Beatles (The White Album)
- The Police: King Of Pain // Synchronicity
- Billy Joel: Only The Good Die Young // The Stranger
- Jonathan Fire*Eater: Give Me Daughters // Tremble Under Boom Lights
- Spoon: I Ain't The One // Hot Thoughts
- Pearl Jam: Better Man // Live At The Fox Theatre Atlanta 1994
- Lee Dorsey: Ya-Ya // Teen-Time Million Seller Hits By The Original Artists
- Tall Heights: Gold // Pretty Colors For Your Actions
- Eagles: Heartache Tonight // The Long Run
- Queen: The Show Must Go On // Bohemian Rhapsody Soundtrack
- David Bowie: The Man Who Sold The World // Glastonbury 2000
- Muse: Starlight // Black Holes and Revelations
- Bright Eyes: If The Brakeman Turns My Way // Cassadaga
- The Adverts: Gary Gilmore's Eyes // Geef Voor New Wave: New Wave Greatest Hits
- Fugazi: Strangelight // Argument
- Suzi Quattro: She's In Love You // Suzi...And Other Four Letter Words
- Nirvana: Something In The Way // Nevermind