The Vinyl Vault - A Night of Discovery
Hello, Dear Listeners! I hope you and your family were able to rest and relax in a safe and secure manner this past holiday. My paternal grandfather served in the Army during World War II and he was very much in my thoughts on Memorial Day.
There is always so much amazing music that is coming out that it just doesn't make it onto the show quickly enough. This show is allowing me to share with you all of the musicians with recent records that I feel you should discover in one fell swoop. The vast majority of music in this playlist will be from albums released within the last couple of years from independent artists around the world. It is a bit heavy handed with musicians from the DC area since I am a bit more in tune to newer artists in the DC region but there are some great choices from all around the globe with this episode.
I've been working with Randy to get a better process in place for selecting songs for upcoming shows and I think we have a good solution to balance the new with the classic going forward. Meanwhile, lots of upcoming independent musicians to check out.
I did sprinkle a few classics into the mix for some fun. We are also celebrating the artistic contributions of amazing musicians that we have recently lost: Florian Schneider from Kraftwerk, Dave Greenfield the keyboardist from The Stranglers, and Little Richard.
You are in for a treat for our next show. I'm so excited to share this playlist...
I hope you enjoy the show! - JC
- David Bowie - Space Oddity // David Bowie
- Automatic - Too Much Money // Signal
- Glitoris - Slut Power // The Policy
- The Jam - Little Boy Soldiers // The Butterfly Collector (bootleg)
- Ex Hex - Tough Enough // It's Real
- The Stranglers - Peaches // Rattus Norvegicus
- Light Beams - Renegade // Self Help
- Party Muscles - Peruvian Sunshine // Does It Even Matter
- Priests - Jesus' Son // The Seduction of Kansas
- Algiers - Dispossession // There Is No Year
- The Scotch Bonnets - Royals // Come On Over
- Little Richard - Rip It Up // Rip It Up 7" Single
- Messthetics - Because The Mountain Says So // Anthropocosmic Nest
- Tallest Man On Earth - You're Going Back // The Wild Hunt
- Clear Channel - B.B.I. // Hell
- Gauche - Flash // A People's History of Gauche
- Beastie Boys - Sure Shot // Ill Communication
- The Bizarros - I Bizarro // Punk 45: Burn Rubber City, Burn!
- Amyl and The Sniffers - GFY // Amyl and The Sniffers
- Insurgence D.C. - True To Life // Broken In The Theater of The Absurd
- Rites of Spring - Persistent Vision / Rites of Spring
- Time Is Fire - Poor Is Poor // In Pieces
- Grey Matter - Dang! (Love Yourself) // Climbing Out
- Coriky - Too Many Husbands // Coriky
- Yes Vacancy - Begin Again // Demos
- Wire - 12XU // Mannequin 7" Single
- Jens Lekman - Cosmetics Store // Correspondence