If you are an avid buyer and collector of new and/or used vinyl, our Crooked Beat Frequent Customer program might be right for you.
What makes a Crooked Beat Frequent Customer? This program is set up for people who love the vinyl experience and are truly supportive of independent record stores. Our yearly Frequent Customer program runs from April to April coinciding with the annual National Record Store Day. If you visit our brick and mortar store location to purchase records an average of three times per month, you are an excellent candidate to join our Frequent Customer program! Being a Crooked Beat Frequent Customer isn’t about how many records you buy, it’s about supporting and experiencing the independent record store culture.
What are the benefits?
- You will receive special invitations whenever we purchase large used or estate sale collections for the opportunity to select and purchase records before they are offered for sale on the floor
- Special discount during our 3-day Anniversary Sale held each November, $3 off every record priced at $7.99 and up (general public is offered $2 off)
- Periodically throughout the year, we offer our frequent customers double points days; during these days each qualifying purchase earns double points (for example, 3 qualifying visits will count as 6 visits)
- 12th Purchase Visit - You will receive a Free Crooked Beat shirt or tote. $1 off on as many records you purchase during this visit only.
- 15th Purchase visit before November 20th - You will be invited in early on Record Store Day Black Friday.
- 18th Purchase Visit - $1 off on as many records you purchase during this visit only
- 24th Purchase Visit - $2 off on as many records you purchase during this visit only
- 30th Purchase Visit - $3 off on as many records you purchase during this visit only. As a special bonus gift from us, you will be invited in early on Record Store Day in April.
- 50th Purchase Visit - $15 gift certificate
- 75th Purchase Visit - $25 gift certificate
- 100th Purchase Visit - $50 gift certificate
How do I join? Does this program sound right for you? Fantastic! We really love music, too and want to celebrate this love with our loyal fan base by offering this program. The card is free and is offered by request at our physical store through the end of July each year. Starting in August, customers will be invited to join our Frequent Customer program if we seen them coming in and shopping an average of four times or more per month for the remainder of the year.
I'm excited about Record Store Day, how do I get at the front of the line? Whoever has made the most purchasing visits to the store during the year will be allowed to be the first customer in line on Record Store Day. This past year, the number one customer had 100 purchase visits! The Top 10 Frequent Customers who were in the front of the line this year were weekly regular customers who support our store the most, averaging five to six qualifying purchases per month.
I am a large volume purchaser. Are there special benefits for me? Yes! The following are benefits for our volume purchasers:
- 65 records within the year: $20 gift certificate
- 115 records within the year: $40 gift certificate
- 150 records within the year: $65 gift certificate
- 200 records within the year: $85 gift certificate
Please Note: You must have your ID and card with you during every purchase so it can be scanned. If you do not have your card with you at the time of your purchase, it will not be recorded as a Crooked Beat Frequent Customer visit, so please have your card with you! Frequent Customer Cards are only valid for the customer named on the card and ID will be checked. Purchases that do not meet the minimum $7.99 requirement do not count. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership privileges if the card is inactive or the member is abusive to Crooked Beat employees.
We really appreciate your patronage!
Bill, Helen, & the Crooked Beat Staff